abandonment: This blog post is not legal advice for your company to use in compliance with EU data privacy laws, such as GDPR. Instead, it provides background information to help you better understand GDPR. This legal information is not like legal advice, where a lawyer applies the law to your specific circumstances, so we insist that if you want advice on clarifying or correcting this information you should consult a lawyer Do
In short, you cannot rely on it as legal advice, or as a recommendation for a particular legal understanding.
It is not enough to implement some changes to protect the data in your business and forget about it. As part of the GDPR, or General Data Protection Regulation, which is now in EU law, businesses require “database design and default”.
This means shaping data security and privacy in every aspect of your business data management strategy. From data capture to storage, maintenance, transfer, use and cleaning, it is important to take care of your contact data in an ethical and secure manner.
Although we are not a GDPR advisor, we can follow the experts and make their recommendations. This includes clear consent to communications, secure data management, and compliance with requirements such as cookie banners and privacy notices.
There is a very straightforward way to meet these needs GDPR compliance software.
GDPR compliance software helps businesses manage user data, consent forms, and data security. Some platforms enable users of a company to edit the personal data that is stored or processed about them.
What is personal data under GDPR?
Includes personal data Information about people who may be identified by it, Whether direct or indirect. Pseudonymous data can help reduce privacy risks, but by definition it is still personal data. GDPR applies to the processing of personal data completely or partially automatically, such as a form on your website, or the processing of personal data that becomes part of the filing system.
How GDPR Affects Email Campaigns
When GDPR whispers began to unfold before many moons, one of the most troubling questions was whether they could continue sending emails to their existing contacts.
As an email marketer in the world of GDPR, you need to submit Freely given, specific, informed, and unambiguous consent (Article 32) Before sending an email.
Your email campaigns include adopting these methods to protect data protection.
- Communication requires all leads to be exclusively opted in before sending email campaigns.
- Offering contacts an easy way to edit or delete their personal data.
- Clear contact data that you no longer need or you will need storage time notified in your terms and conditions.
For clear monitoring of all contact data, you can synchronize your current lead and customer data with two-way data synchronization, as well as their latest subscription and consent status between apps. You can also implement a consent management platform for collecting and managing consent for all contacts.
Simplify GDPR compliance with the consent management platform
A key part of GDPR is documenting the willingness to keep and communicate with each contact’s data. While you can use the built-in features in each of your apps, it’s also helpful to choose a dedicated consent management platform, or CMP. Here are some top CMPs to consider.
- Dedomy is a popular consent and preferences management platform with comprehensive solutions for collecting, storing and taking advantage of user consent and preferences. After completing the setup process, you can see a 100% compliance score for your business. Through their Privacy Center, you can offer users a dedicated place to easily access and manage their consent and preferences.
- Pivok PRO was created as an analytics platform but now includes a Consent Manager to implement your marketing stack in one central place. It is designed to sharpen your tools through GDPR, California CCPA, Brazil’s LGPD, and other privacy laws around the world.
Other apps to streamline GDPR compliance
As well as adopting a consent management platform, there are many other types of apps to help you manage your contacts’ compliance. Here are some GDPR compatible apps to consider increasing your stack.
- Logic Gate Risk Cloud is an agile GRC (governance, threat, and compliance) cloud solution. This includes enterprise-level solutions for risk management, compliance management, and data privacy.
- BoxScript Makes your cloud storage more secure with encryption for OneDrive, Dropbox, and other providers for Google Drive. It’s free to use on two devices for one storage provider, and you can upgrade to unlimited devices, providers, and the latest filename encryption.
- Ona unites, unites and secures the knowledge platform in a central and secure place. Connectors include Google Suite, Microsoft 365, Dropbox Business, Zoom, and Slack Enterprise.
- iubenda develops instant cookie banners and terms and conditions designed to fit your business, tech stack, and the data you collect. This is especially important for websites and small businesses to comply with legal requirements.
- PC Sync and its two-way data synchronization tool existed before GDPR, but it has some useful benefits for secure data management and up-to-date contact information, including subscriptions. Status included. Two-way sync enables you to create a “single source of truth” between your apps and make it easier to use and manage your user data. Beyond subscriptions, you can also customize the status and preferences between apps with custom filters and rules.
- Co-founded by business and author Paul Jarios, Phaetom Analytics offers simple, fast, and confidential website analytics as an alternative to Google Analytics. It does not collect any personal data, so it is immediately compliant with GDPR and you do not need to include it in your cookie notes.
Be consistent with your company
To maximize your organization’s GDPR compliance there, you need to follow a few steps and mark the markers. However, there are ways to smooth the process. GDPR compliance software can reduce a lot of headaches and make it easier to meet urgent needs, so you can get back to your business goals quickly.